Exploding Turkey

Trier

Supporting Member
No, not the country, the bird.

The more serious title was going to be 'First Fragmentary Reports From The Front', but when I was looking at it, I saw turkey feathers and parts flying through the air.
I instantly thought of a wild turkey running into a big frost fan in the vinyard, or one who ate a big firecracker or blasting cap; couldn't help myself.

The process started with the eyes closed, markers in both hands, loud 'a capella' singing (me) of rousing folk songs, and some of the old 'left jab, jab, right cross' routine.

22 x 28 ins acrylic/posterboard
P1000533Turkey&FanWCM1.JPG

Fun.
C &C+ Welcome

Regards,
Trier

I like it, it really does explode onto the screen. I love grey in an abstract piece and of course, it compliments the yellows. The process you describe is fun and is something that I have tried myself with interesting results.

I've done that closing my eyes thing and it comes with nice surprises.

I love this one and it might be one of my favorites of yours! ❤

Katie,
Sno,
Dave,
Lyn,
Arty,

Thanks to all of you for noticing and the kind comments!

I know the eyes closed sketching thing is not new, but I am glad to see that more than a few here have used it, and therefore I am in good company.
Now I have started to note the songs that I shout on the back of the support, just for fun and to see if there is any connection with anything.

Here is my eyes closed painting which I did after being inspired by trier. Acrylic on Trader Joe’s grocery bag. I listened to side one of bolero with a marker in each hand. Side two I switched to a paint brush in each hand, different color on each. Opened my eyes to switch paint brushes and colors and continued until album ended. Trimmed off short ends and...voila! Fun.
91657400-3C22-4FFA-B0B2-2EFC7F359693.jpeg

Hi PSA3475

Artys' post is on this forum, it is named 'Transmission II - eyes closed'

I am glad to see you post that eyes closed painting, I think it is a very good one and I like it, but it deserves a separate thread of its'own.

You are doing great.

Your process is a little different from mine as we discussed, and it is very interesting and educational to hear how each painter does it.

PSA, I posted it in the Contemporary and Abstract Forum.

Love your bag piece. I've been doing work on grocery bags too, but I decided to take a break from them.

I hav
Hi PSA3475

Artys' post is on this forum, it is named 'Transmission II - eyes closed'

I am glad to see you post that eyes closed painting, I think it is a very good one and I like it, but it deserves a separate thread of its'own.

You are doing great.

Your process is a little different from mine as we discussed, and it is very interesting and educational to hear how each painter does it.
ent figured out how to start a thread🥴

First click on forums, then on the genre and style, then contemporary and abstract. Then you will see an orange box in the top right corner, click on that, title your thread and go for it. :)

Thanks
PSA, I posted it in the Contemporary and Abstract Forum.

Love your bag piece. I've been doing work on grocery bags too, but I decided to take a break from them.
....found it! Re your grocery bags...I think it may have been your bags that inspired mine. I saw someone’s explanation of a grocery bag project a couple weeks ago on this site when I was a guest....I don’t go to nearly the trouble the post instructed though ... 🥴

Trier, I like the exploding turkey. Not your usual terrific style, but still very interesting. And the grocery bag, PSA, also a good one. This eyes closed thing must have merit!

Thanks, Susan, very kind of you.

I am sort of rushing to try out the various possibilities of the closed eye thingy.
So far I feel it has a substantial place in the grand scheme of creating art as an additional approach to the existing ways and not a replacement for anything specific. Just my opinion FWIW.

Back