Euro Graffiti

xie-kitchin

These photos were taken in 2008 and I've since lost the larger, higher quality version, but I thought it might be nice to share some photos and it made sense to group them together according to location/theme.

oscar-wildes-tomb-lachaise-cemetery-paris_2455741244_o.jpg

messages-to-oscar-wilde-lachaise-cemetery-paris_2455741534_o.jpg

Graffiti on Oscar Wilde's tomb in Lachaise Cemetery in Paris.

belleville-graffitti-art-paris_2455744814_o.jpg

Paper and paste with tags in Belleville neighborhood in Paris.

berlin-wall-near-potsdamer-platz-1-berlin-germany_2503582183_o.jpg

berlin-wall-near-potsdamer-platz-2-berlin-germany_2504414598_o.jpg

berlin-wall-near-potsdamer-platz-3-berlin-germany_2504414830_o.jpg

Chunks of the Berlin Wall along Potsdamer Platz in Berlin w/open air museum.

east-side-gallery-1-berlin-germany_2513482315_o.jpg

east-side-gallery-2-berlin-germany_2514306934_o.jpg

A portion of the East Side Gallery. From Wikipedia: "The East Side Gallery is an open-air gallery in Berlin. It consists of a series of murals painted directly on a 1,316 m (4,318 ft) long remnant of the Berlin Wall, located near the centre of Berlin, on Mühlenstraße in Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg."

Thanks, both of you! I keep meaning to put together an Apple book of the photos from this trip back in 2008, but there are about 200-300 and it's a bit overwhelming. I lost *all* the photos I took a few years ago when Apple updated from iPhotos to Photos, but luckily I had these backed up on Flickr.

You should try to do a book, that would be a great idea. I'd love to see it. You can curate it and not use all 300.

I'm sure they would be curated a bit anyway, since I can't print the photos at full-page size and want to keep my page count (i.e. cost) down. But it's still a lot to sort through. Mostly I just want a hard copy for myself and to show friends. :)

Back