Easter Lilly Cactus

A

Aspenman

I didn't think my Lilly Cactus would bloom this Easter. I brought this Cactus from AZ to Florida about 10 years ago. It has been blooming for the past 15 years or more. I'm happy 😊 to say that it threw a blossom - !!!!!

IMG_4359.jpg

I live in Arizona, and I see hundreds of this type of flowering cacti. I am always happy to see someone, who lives somewhere else have such great success growing such a cactus, and......blooming, at that! Many of this type of cacti are of the "night-blooming" variety, and they bloom during the evening, are pollenated by bats, and generally the blooms are gone the next day or two. Those flowers are usually quite short-lived. Nice photo!

I live in Arizona, and I see hundreds of this type of flowering cacti. I am always happy to see someone, who lives somewhere else have such great success growing such a cactus, and......blooming, at that! Many of this type of cacti are of the "night-blooming" variety, and they bloom during the evening, are pollenated by bats, and generally the blooms are gone the next day or two. Those flowers are usually quite short-lived. Nice photo!

Thanks 🙏 Yes. The blooms last 2 days maximum. The most blooms we had were 14 - at one time!
We have had this for about 15 years now -5 in Scottsdale AZ & 10 in Fl
I think it may be getting tired so I am going to take a cutting and start a new plant.

Back