Driving website traffic via linking FB & Blog posts

Bartc

Have been slowly pushing out my website. Blogging weekly and copying that to my FB page. There must be an easy way to post on FB to drive folks directly to the website blog section (or home page), but I haven't figured it out.
Anybody know? Can you direct me to a clear set of instructions or YT video? Thanks.

Sorry I don't have a YouTube link, but as far as I know, you can post a link (the URL address) to your blog entry inside your Facebook post and a preview of that page should pop up when you hit "post." I don't have Facebook anymore, but when I did, that's what I did exactly.

Also, I don't know what blog software you are using. Give me a link if you will, and I can see if you can do previews with sample images. With most blogs, you can integrate it with social media like Facebook, and even Linkedin.

I see. That's all I meant. (Not a blog "app.")

So you would type the specific entry you'd want to show up on Facebook, etc. The URL for your last entry is: https://bartsart.weebly.com/blog/killion-me-softly If Weebly is integrated with Facebook/social media, the page preview should show up. If not, there may be settings in Weebly to make sure your previews will show up (I don't know much about that template/site). But try it and see if that works for you.

I see. That's all I meant. (Not a blog "app.")

So you would type the specific entry you'd want to show up on Facebook, etc. The URL for your last entry is: https://bartsart.weebly.com/blog/killion-me-softly If Weebly is integrated with Facebook/social media, the page preview should show up. If not, there may be settings in Weebly to make sure your previews will show up (I don't know much about that template/site). But try it and see if that works for you.
Yeah that works. Trying to integrate that with my other FB sites, but it's a little tricky. I guess I'm really just not going to master social media... LOL

How many accounts do you have on Facebook? It would be the same procedure with each of them. Unless I'm not understanding you correctly.

3 mainly, but I don't have the friends list on two of them. I'm probably just over complicating things.

I don't really get why you have three. Maybe one is business and the other is personal, and the third? For your animal friends? ;)

Anyway, why not have one? Use the one with the most friends/followers. Ask the non-duplicates to follow you on that one. Sales can come from friends and family a lot of the time anyway. Just a suggestion on mixing them together, and it's less complicated.

Ayin, I have one that's personal for close friends and family only. That way nobody needs to hear my rants nor see my vacation pix but those who tolerate them well, LOL. However, that one has the most friends since it's been around a long time.
I have one that is for my art business and solely for that reason. I want to post only those things that will potenttially bring viewers and maybe sales. That has only a few friends, because it's very new. (FWIW, having used FB boosting for work for years, I'm not at all convinced the investment brings new viewers, so haven't committed to that.) I have one for our plein air painting group, on which I can't push my work nor my website too much as it wouldn't feel fair. That's 3.

Similarly, I have one blog that's for family and friends on blogspot.com, another on my website on weebly.com that's for art viewers and interested parties, and I am careful not to mix the motivations.

While I do post some of the same art content between those different audiences, I don't want folks on my personal site to feel pushed to push my art for me. I hate when others do that to me, whether it's their chain emails/memes or similar demands, so I don't do it to others. So I'll only suggest gently and infrequently about my art site on my personal sites.

Due to the way FB delivers content, if I post it on one site and refer it to another, I'm often seeing double or triple of the same post, which I find confusing and annoying and am hoping that others don't feel that way. That's what I've been trying to straighten out.

Does that clarify it a bit?

Yes, that clarifies it a lot. I totally understand. I hope you find a way to navigate it. I would just focus on your art business one for promoting your art blog then. Is that a real problem?

Yes, that clarifies it a lot. I totally understand. I hope you find a way to navigate it. I would just focus on your art business one for promoting your art blog then. Is that a real problem?
What I"m tryin' to do.

On my website it has an option to have my post there show up on FB and a few other sites. It is in the settings settings section under “social”. I am using Wordpress. I do not have the link set up to any social sites but I could if I set up an art presence on FB.

Back