Disorderly Conduct

Artyczar

I wanted to put this in the Contemporary Forum, but since it's a bit figurative and not fully abstract, I'll stick it here. It took me forever to finish this one, but it's only a 16 x 20 on gessoboard.

nighty72.jpg

What a pleasing riot of patterns and colors; the title fits perfectly! It's probably good that you didn't rush this one - it's really cool!

This is absolutely wonderful! Everything about it appeals to me. Something very nostalgic about it - I LOVE it! ❤️

The composition and negative space work really well. Since I have never worked in oils, I find this amazing that you could get this contemporary yet retro vibe. The sheer red material must have been a difficult challenge, and that is impressive. As far as nostalgia, as CaliAnn mentioned, this appeals in many ways. The white glove on the hand of the character on the bed looks like the Hamburger Helper "helping hand" from the old TV ads. (Only four fingers!) When I was a kid in the seventies, I lined my bureau drawers with adhesive Con-Tact paper reminiscent of the wallpaper pattern. The piece is certainly well worth the time devoted to it.

Wow! I know I saw this when you posted it elsewhere as a work in progress - I'm still kinda stunned seeing it completed. Every face is so expressive. So many perfect little touches of humor and the absurd (the Mickey Mouse hand, the gaudy headboard and 70s wallpaper), and the beautiful gestures of the child.

Is this part of the series inspired by family photos? Regardless, this one is exceptional. I agree with Joy that it's well worth the time you gave it. I'm putting it up there as an Ayin masterpiece. ❤️

Love it. It's interesting to look at and has a wonderful human warm feeling to it. Nice.

Wow, you guys are making me blush. I have no idea what I think of this right now, but you all are helping me see it as a positive outcome. Thank you everyone for your wonderful feedback and insights. I am feeling very hopeful about this now. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Terri, yes, this is part of that new series of family photos that I'm calling Discarded Snapshots. ;)
You made me laugh calling it a masterpiece. But thank you!

Well, I changed it a bit because there is a scar I wanted to darken and make prominent, which changes the whole vibe of the painting, I realize, but it's how I want it now.

nighty72.jpg

It looks great. Especially the sheer fabric.
The only thing I don't like is the figure in the very back. Her white body kinda merges into the head board. Thats just my opinion though.

Back