Depth: the intrusion of an illusion

Enyaw

namuh
10.jpg

11 x 14 inch study of my take on abstractionism .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. knife .. painted Jan 6/22

This style of yours is my favorite - where you have a basically dark subject, but with a spot of lightness in the "distance". At least that's how I perceive this piece - like looking into a cave with light shining through (and maybe water there too). I also like the colors you've chosen. Excellent piece.

I get a prehistoric cave feel with this one too, Wayne. It's so hard to paint completely abstractly and you do it so well. There are shapes that look like birds circling above but you didn't over-define them so we can interpret them however we wish. Great painting!

thank you Chaffee2, GrantCee, OleKobe, Susan, Lamar, and Donna
At first, I used to expose the ugly creatures and beings that went through my paintings but now I go out of my way to hide any I find. My purpose is to let the viewer go where their memory chips take them and show them what they think they see. I read our brains are always trying to match values and shapes to images we already know so that we can recognize what is before us. We will see something. Each of us see the same thing differently. I like to think there is a spiritual aura about the scene that we understand on another level. ;)

I see... a stark cliff face, travelers around a campfire, overlooking a dark and distant island castle. Birds of prey, or maybe bats, flying above. Just dusk.

This is a very dark painting, in color and emotion. I prefer the lighter ones. :giggle:

Due to unknown circumstances, we cannot deliver others. We only have these and those.

Back