Dayton's Dynamic Drawing Duo Doing Plein Air House Sketch - Will Draw Yours For Snacks

Trier

Supporting Member
Dayton&RDA.JPG

That's my great grandchild,his name is Dayton, and yours truly doing a sketch together from the porch in the rain.
I started the drawing in pencil and then he took over the pencil so I switched to a ball point pen.
Those long, loopy, counter-clockwise light pencil marks are his idea of rain.
His grandmother snapped the picture and had snacks for us after we were done.

This is the house across the street that was our target.
P1010344.JPG

And here is the slightly soggy result - 9 x 12 in
P1010368.JPG

If you know of any other drawing teams consisting of a 2+ and a 95 yr old, lemme know. This marks Dayton's entry into the Art world, and I hope he contributes a lot more years from now.

Dayton & Trier

Trier, a wonderful collaboration,
the result is really nice, a draw that I really like

Trier, this is epic! How wonderful that you are getting him started young. Whether he keeps it up or not, what a great initiation into art and so special that you were able to experience his first steps with him. Beautiful job, you two! ❤️❤️❤️

Oh Trier what a beautiful photo, right down to the light dancing in the shadows. Delightful tongue twisty title:love:

Last edited:
LOL! Love it!
Thank you ntl. love is the underlying theme.
I’m smiling from ear to ear seeing this, so sweet!
What a nice reaction, thank you Scamall.
This is lovely !
Thanks pcj, a lovely comment.
Trier, a wonderful collaboration,
the result is really nice, a draw that I really like
Thank you joe, 'collaboration' is a wonderful and fitting word.
How BEAUTIFUL this is! Thank you so much for posting this Trier. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️
And thank you Arty for seeing the beauty there.
This is wonderful Trier!
Thanks Perry, it feels that way to me as I recall it.
Trier, this is epic! How wonderful that you are getting him started young. Whether he keeps it up or not, what a great initiation into art and so special that you were able to experience his first steps with him. Beautiful job, you two! ❤️❤️❤️
Thank you so much sno, sharing his first steps is priceless and I hope to go along until he gets old enough to remember it.
Oh Trier what a beautiful photo, right down to the light dancing in the shadows. Delightful tongue twisty title:love:
Thank you Lyn, love your comments.
Awwwwwww......
Yeah, that's part of it.
This is really special. 🙂
Thank you Kay, an appreciated and appropriate comment.

Oh my goodness! You and Dayton make a wonderful team, Trier! I’ll bet he’s real proud of teaching you how to draw rain. Thanks so much for sharing this!

A solid gold link between the generations! Yes, thank you for sharing this :)

Oh my goodness! You and Dayton make a wonderful team, Trier! I’ll bet he’s real proud of teaching you how to draw rain. Thanks so much for sharing this!
The Team sincerely thanks you Donna. Dayton is now teaching me colors.
A solid gold link between the generations! Yes, thank you for sharing this :)
A love of art is the link that binds us all together here, and it is truly golden. Thanks Laika.
This is a beautiful story. Thanks so much for taking us along!
Thanks Jo, the beauty also is in the wonderful friendships here.

Great teamwork! A chance to see the world through the innocent eyes of a child and to share your love of art. WIN-WIN!

Very good! The most important, I think, is that young people learn how to make things them selves, by their own hands, not just looking for something ready, done by others.
I remember about 20 years ago, in vacations, I met a friends family. Their young boy tried to make pictures on paper with a some colour pencils. I did spend an hour or more every day to teach him how to make better sketches. A few days later he called me "teacher"!

Back