Crested Tit from Animal and Wildlife Challenge

ams

I did this for the Animal and Wildlife Challenge this month. It's about 5 1/2 " x 7 1/2 " in XL Mixed Media sketchbook. I used a Micron 01 pen.

20240623Sk8 Crested Tit (Wildlife-Animal).png

Perfect. Do you use any pencil pre drawing? I can't draw for beans and have no idea how one would do this.

Perfect. Do you use any pencil pre drawing? I can't draw for beans and have no idea how one would do this.
Thanks John. Yes, I start with a freehand pencil sketch and then go over it with ink when it's the way I want it to be. I'm not quite confident enough to draw directly in ink.

I have always enjoyed drawing and wanted to get better at it. I have taken a few classes, I worked through Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and watched a lot of YouTube videos on drawing. Finally, the last step is to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. I have done hundreds of little drawings to get better. One of the things I had to master was learning to SEE. How do different parts of the composition relate to each other? What kind of angles and shapes do I see? How do parts of the drawing line up with each other?

Back