Crescent Moon landscape exerci

jmfletch

I posted the previous exercises that I was quite happy with so to be fair. I am posting this disaster. I worked on this when the redo of the Craggy Mountain was drying. My story is I was focused on the other painting even while working on this one and I am sticking with that story unless someone has a better story I can use.
Oh the red streak is suppose to be a wispy pink cloud. 😎

Laughter is allowed. Will definitely do this exercise over..
Fletch

Attachments

• IMG_2449.jpeg
    IMG_2449.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 35
Joan, I am learning and staying focused is a good lesson, as well as don’t piddle.

Donna Thank you for finding a positive in my mess.

Last edited:
I posted the previous exercises that I was quite happy with so to be fair. I am posting this disaster. I worked on this when the redo of the Craggy Mountain was drying. My story is I was focused on the other painting even while working on this one and I am sticking with that story unless someone has a better story I can use.
Oh the red streak is suppose to be a wispy pink cloud. 😎

Laughter is allowed. Will definitely do this exercise over..
Fletch
I've learned to say "I need to let it be what it wants to be", and then remind myself, I don't have to like what everything wants to be....

Some king once told the writers that when they wrote of the greatness to also write of the bad so future generations would know they were human. Every piece is not a masterpiece even from the masters. It’s what you learn from the bad ones that gives you the power to make good ones. Keep pushing paint. 👌

Last edited:
This is a different look for sure. You learned something and that is always a win. Next one will be better and your favorite of the moment!

You are all so amazingly encouraging. I thought sharing a failed exercise would be good for humility, but you all fine something nice to say even about a disaster. Thank you.

No laughing from me - I've lined my "learning bin" (aka trash can) with many experiments. :)

Besides, the sky on this piece, and the mountains below, looks pretty darn good! The red streak got the better of you, it seems. You learned here. It's all good.

Can't wait to see the piece that's actually in your mind, if this is the first step. ❤️

Jstarr, Well I let it be but kept trying. Third time was the charm.

Artyczar, Kay, Enyaw, Jo and Terri , Kept”pushing paint” and the next one was better but I kept piddling and messed up the sky but finally got one that looked like example. Thank you all for encouraging.

Here are 2nd and 3rd efforts. Still lots to learn but truly enjoying.
Thank you all so much.

Attachments

• IMG_2122.jpeg
    IMG_2122.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2121.jpeg
    IMG_2121.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 16
Back