Couple more from Friday .. had nothing to do.

Enyaw

namuh
aug3.jpg

By The Brook .. 11 x 14 oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Nove 24/23

aug4.jpg

Austum Blaze .. 11 x 14 oil on paper .. Alla Prima .. painted Nov 24/23

All lined up but all different- that's good work.

The firs are terrific- great control of the light in this.

Thank you Bongo.
I frame one for awhile in my living room and then replace it. They are painted on paper but I simply put them in the frame with a back board for support. I don‘t glue them. I’ve had four small 8 x 10 inch ones hanging that way for well over a year. No bulge or warp. Quite amazing as I use thick paint with cold wax medium. My recent works are stored in my art closet standing up in the xl acrylic and oil pads the original oil paper came in.

Thanks JStar. I did not mean to have that many in the row but I added a few and before I realized I had more than I wanted. However, as you noted, they each have their own space.

Thank you Bongo.
I frame one for awhile in my living room and then replace it. They are painted on paper but I simply put them in the frame with a back board for support. I don‘t glue them. I’ve had four small 8 x 10 inch ones hanging that way for well over a year. No bulge or warp. Quite amazing as I use thick paint with cold wax medium. My recent works are stored in my art closet standing up in the xl acrylic and oil pads the original oil paper came in.
The reason I asked was, in my case, I make paintings to hang on the wall in people's homes. When we just paint, and post to the internet it's easy to lose sight of that. So by framing and hanging occasionally, it gives you perspective. Is this something I would want to see on my wall everyday? Where in my house? Is it depressing, gaudy - too small -too big etc. So you start thinking of the painting as more than an intellectual exercise, and more as a physical object to be displayed.

Both of these are lovely, but my eyes keep going to By the Brook. Eye-popping colors! Love it.

Hey, these are both great. I love how the foliage in the foreground of the first one just pops, and the greens you have used in the second are so luscious and peaceful. ❤️ ❤️

Bongo, yes, it is nice to see it in a frame because a frame can really enhance or destroy your impression. I use the one spot in my living room as I always sit there so I can dissect my paintings. My wife thinks it’s crazy but I have found some great ways to make things better in the future by observing what I do in the present. Of course she gets attached easily and I hear it when I change ouT but she gets over it knowing that is my spot. 😎.

Thank you Donna. They are from my personal photos I take when my wife and I drive the countryside killing time with a tea and a muffing and just chatting as we observe our surroundings. Of course I use a lot of artistic liscense as Vincent did. I use the photo as my model but I arrange my model to suit my needs.

Thank you Terri. Martin’s Brook .. dark water.

Thanks Jo. Nice to see you frequent your old visitations.

Thanks Sno. I am enjoying myself while paint. Good therapy for the arm. flowers on the way.

i really like the second one, making trees feel like fire is very interesting, shame so much trees will be on fire all over the world soon

Thank you Puapka. The blaze is not real it’s an illusion of the sun’s rays on the autumn colours in the leaves and grass. And yes, shame about the wild fires.

thank you Marksmomagain.

I'm glad that you had nothing 😊 to do because these are gorgeous. 👍 I like both of these a lot. Well done!

Back