Couple From Yesterday

Enyaw

namuh
Daisies On A Table.jpg

Jug of Flowers.jpg

both 11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Feb 03/24
Miserable snow day with it coming down in buckets .. so I passed time away making a few paintings.

i think the second one works better, when the thick dark line is ussed to separate from something coloristically not close to it, and the lack of regularity makes it look more interesting to look at than first one, i think treating entire picture with one effect regurarly like a black line might make it look less interesting

I agree. It was an experiment and I find it difficult to do all a prima in oils. It doesn’t work for me unless I do a stained glass look. I will abandon it. Thank you for the comment.
Thanks Joe.

I like seeing your experiments. I like the second one but prefer no outline. The first is completely different and unique from your other work. Fun once in a while??

Thanks Jo. I have already paint out the outline in the second. Time to move on. 🙂

I like these, even if you do move on. Love the second one. ❤️ ❤️ These are very Cezanne and another artist whom I can't place right now. St Luke could tell you, I'm sure.

Thank you Zoran and Sno. I can’t find what I’m looking for and I would guess it’s because I don’t know. I find the lines cumbersome and containing and I think it’s because of the application of paint. I will try another tactic and see if the problem becomes a joy.

Well, I stand firmly in defense of the outline! :LOL: I think the selective way you're applying it is very effective. It's a broken line, distinctive but not too overwhelming.

In the top one, yes all the flowers are outlined but your diagonal line is broken and it is the color and value that make the line. Luscious brush and knife marks.

These are both eye catching and color intensive. ❤️ Love!!

I will try another tactic and see if the problem becomes a joy.
I would love to see you continue to explore this. :)

Thank you Terri. I tried one today but again it failed in my humble opinion. I outlined it, didn’t like it and painted it over. I did however, get back to mad knife and brushwork. Tomorrow’s post.

Back