DSCN0102SKETCH.JPG

Country Road In Spring
23x17 in - acrylic/paper
DSCN0096MotelTrlIMPRSM2.JPG

and the abstract
18x24 in - Acrylic/paper
DSCN0097MotlTrlABSpoles.JPG

A trifle lighter IRL

It's great to see how one sketch inspired two very different paintings! The purples and yellows add a lot of life to the landscape. The abstract is bold! Looking forward to #2!

I like your 1st version before the abstract if you just wouldn't be so neat and tidy. Think pizza where all the ingredients melt in and out of the cheese. Then your original would be the expressionistic impression of a path in the forest. Path bleeds into the hills and trees and on and on. Just a thought. Feel free to tell me to find a dark hole and slide into it. 😧

I love them both! The swirling white clouds in the first one make me happy. But I love the abstract even more!
I like your 1st version before the abstract if you just wouldn't be so neat and tidy
I'm curious about this comment and wonder if you could expand on it for me, Wayne. The abstract strikes me as more neat and tidy of the two, because of the outlining I suppose.

Aside from the top line of the path in the 1st version, I don't see clear lines, the painting flows along for me. Not particularly neat or tidy. Do you think the values should be closer, or something?

I like the sense of movement in both of them. It is interesting to see how different the same scene is interpreted.

Terri .. this one is much like nature except the color and I find the colors are super. I find them more entertaining than the abstract version. Treat it like an abstract where the road runs into the sky, the telephone poles become crosses and openings, the road opens up and swallows you. That kind of thing.

I like them both and agree that it is interesting to see how one sketch inspires 2 completely different paintings. ❤️

Wow! I love ALL THREE pieces, because the drawing is raw and the most authentic. I love that you have done two versions of your original drawing. This inspires me to no end! I MUST steal this idea.

While I love abstracts, I may love the first one a little better. But I do love both (it's just if I had to pick).

I agree with Terri that the abstract looks tidier, but that is not a "bad" thing. Not at all. It's different, and if it didn't have bold outlines, I am not sure if it would have worked.

Anyway, well done on all! ♥️

These are both so original and interesting. I find the first one very Trier: it takes the viewer along the road and into the canvas, with great colors to look at along the way. I find the abstract one a lot of fun and very happy but very different. Perhaps what Wayne was getting at in the abstract one is that it doesn't carry you into the scene the way the first one does. Instead it's more of a flat field of brilliant colors. Anyway I do like them both.

It's great to see how one sketch inspired two very different paintings! The purples and yellows add a lot of life to the landscape. The abstract is bold! Looking forward to #2!
Thank you Donna, #2 on it's way.
I like your 1st version before the abstract if you just wouldn't be so neat and tidy. Think pizza where all the ingredients melt in and out of the cheese. Then your original would be the expressionistic impression of a path in the forest. Path bleeds into the hills and trees and on and on. Just a thought. Feel free to tell me to find a dark hole and slide into it. 😧
Hey Wayne, I value your input especially as I think we have similar views and approaches in art. That is the first time anybody said I was neat and tidy ! Thanks for the interest and detailed criitque, keep it up please.

I like them both and agree that it is interesting to see how one sketch inspires 2 completely different paintings. ❤️
Thanks as always, sno.

I love them both! The swirling white clouds in the first one make me happy. But I love the abstract even more!

I'm curious about this comment and wonder if you could expand on it for me, Wayne. The abstract strikes me as more neat and tidy of the two, because of the outlining I suppose.

Aside from the top line of the path in the 1st version, I don't see clear lines, the painting flows along for me. Not particularly neat or tidy. Do you think the values should be closer, or something?
Thank you Terri for the interest and comment, very refreshing.

I like the sense of movement in both of them. It is interesting to see how different the same scene is interpreted.
Thank you very much Deborah, more interpretations coming.

Wow! I love ALL THREE pieces, because the drawing is raw and the most authentic. I love that you have done two versions of your original drawing. This inspires me to no end! I MUST steal this idea.

While I love abstracts, I may love the first one a little better. But I do love both (it's just if I had to pick).

I agree with Terri that the abstract looks tidier, but that is not a "bad" thing. Not at all. It's different, and if it didn't have bold outlines, I am not sure if it would have worked.

Anyway, well done on all! ♥️
Thanks for noticing the sketch and the nice comment, Arty.
It's great that you like the idea and results.

I meant to say that the abstract hit me first, it really is striking
I always appreciate your notice and comments Lyn. Thanks.

These are both so original and interesting. I find the first one very Trier: it takes the viewer along the road and into the canvas, with great colors to look at along the way. I find the abstract one a lot of fun and very happy but very different. Perhaps what Wayne was getting at in the abstract one is that it doesn't carry you into the scene the way the first one does. Instead it's more of a flat field of brilliant colors. Anyway I do like them both.
Thank you very much Susan. Your detailed comments are helpful and more than welcomed.

Back