Composition For Depth

Enyaw

namuh
comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

both are 11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted July 18 and 19 of 2024

distance view:

comp1xx.jpg
comp2xx.jpg

I really like these, Wayne. Your flower series has so much life compared to your landscapes to my eyes.

Your models are holding up well! These are very nice, Wayne, and I like the way you arranged the backgrounds in each. They seem like part of a landscape in a way when there is depth behind them, kind of a different feel when our eyes have more to explore than the flowers alone. I guess it all depends on what you want to say with them.

Thank you Donna, Bart, and John

Donna. I think the backgrounds open the senses more as there is more involvement in dimension.

Bart. Your observation is based on your love of intense hues. My landscapes do not have intense hues as in my eyes, they are not cound in nature. I find when landscapes are over intense they look more like a cartoon. I guess we all have our likes and dislikes and I for one can't stand intense landscapes while you are a lover of such.

Thank you Donna, Bart, and John

Donna. I think the backgrounds open the senses more as there is more involvement in dimension.

Bart. Your observation is based on your love of intense hues. My landscapes do not have intense hues as in my eyes, they are not cound in nature. I find when landscapes are over intense they look more like a cartoon. I guess we all have our likes and dislikes and I for one can't stand intense landscapes while you are a lover of such.
Agreed on all counts.

Agreed on all counts.
I thought you would.

For a time, these are my last realistic impressions of plastic flowers from life. I feel the need to get away from these copies and find more original work to do. I think I am like AI in that all I know is what I have been able to glean from other artist: so I know their ways but not my own. So tomorrow I start a new series called Search

These are beautiful, Wayne. The depth works and I love the colors you have used together on both. They just work. ❤️ ❤️

Excellent- both of these. Enjoying the angles and the palette of the top one. The heaviness of the frame and the reflection in the bottom one is so lovely! I think I am drawn to it the most.

Beautiful work!

Oh my I just said another post of yours was my favourite, and then I see these. You are on a roll! Well done.

Back