Colorful Birds

JSparrow

I'm still new to figuring out uploading images but as I have been asked to show a couple of these, I'll try here.
The first is the tutorial I did from Kirsty Partridge. I love the way she draws birds and was determined to learn from her.

KingFisher 8.5X11 Strathmore Mixed Media (90 lb) Arteza Pencils

The second is "Green Parrots" 8.5X11 Strathmore Mixed Media (90lb) No Artezas in this one. By then I had sprung for the premium mix of Pencils (Caran D'Ache Luminance, Caran D'Ache Pablo, Derwent LightFast, Poly Chromos and Prisma Color. Not sure if all of these made it in, but definitely no Artezas in this one.

Let me add, the difference in color here is due to not great camera work not because the pencils are different. The Artezas are really nice to work with and give really nice color. But I have heard that there is some question about lightfastness, and as that is always important to me, I switched up pretty quick. A real shame because The Arteza pencils have some really nice colors.

Attachments

• Kingfisher 5x6.jpg
    Kingfisher 5x6.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Green Parrots 1.jpg
    Green Parrots 1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 140
Just click on the little rectangle with the mountain and upload from your devise, hit post. Easy peasy. Lovely images. ❤️❤️

Great birds. Great colors.
You can test the pencils yourself and see how they do compared to others. It may not be as different as you think. You can make test strips of the colors side by side, cover half the strip, put in sun for a few days and check which is more colorfast and if it is enough to worry about. Some colors are more colorfast than others as well.

Great birds. Great colors.
You can test the pencils yourself and see how they do compared to others. It may not be as different as you think. You can make test strips of the colors side by side, cover half the strip, put in sun for a few days and check which is more colorfast and if it is enough to worry about. Some colors are more colorfast than others as well.
Great Idea. I forgot about that possibility! And this Louisiana sun would make it a fast test:). I've always paid attention to which colors are fugitive with the acrylics and oils, so it makes sense that the different colors in pencils behave differently too. Thank you.

These are wonderful, JSparrow! So glad that you're sharing your drawing/paintings more widely for all to see!

Wow these are so beautiful! The way you did the trees in the background of the parrots is especially impressive.

I'm still new to figuring out uploading images but as I have been asked to show a couple of these, I'll try here.
The first is the tutorial I did from Kirsty Partridge. I love the way she draws birds and was determined to learn from her.

KingFisher 8.5X11 Strathmore Mixed Media (90 lb) Arteza Pencils

The second is "Green Parrots" 8.5X11 Strathmore Mixed Media (90lb) No Artezas in this one. By then I had sprung for the premium mix of Pencils (Caran D'Ache Luminance, Caran D'Ache Pablo, Derwent LightFast, Poly Chromos and Prisma Color. Not sure if all of these made it in, but definitely no Artezas in this one.

Let me add, the difference in color here is due to not great camera work not because the pencils are different. The Artezas are really nice to work with and give really nice color. But I have heard that there is some question about lightfastness, and as that is always important to me, I switched up pretty quick. A real shame because The Arteza pencils have some really nice colors.
Beautiful work, JSSparrow. I love the colours.

Wow! These are so rich, layered and colorful - fantastic work! Bravo!

Back