Collage

Desforges

Mixed media.
Photos of my cd collection and bookcase, from my printer, crayons, oil pastels and oil paint.
36”x48” on Masonite
8797AFBA-DD73-4FB6-8B57-44277B92EA76.jpeg

I may have posted this. Sorry if I did.

Wow! I don't recall seeing this. I am IN LOVE with it! Maybe it's one of my favorites of yours. Just amazing! Not enough hearts for this! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Wow! I don't recall seeing this. I am IN LOVE with it! Maybe it's one of my favorites of yours. Just amazing! Not enough hearts for this! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️
unfortunately, one of the ones I varnished with the floor varnish. It turned yellowish! 😞 I still may do something with it. I have three panels same size with stuff on them 😀. Here is another one.
6E118C49-DBC8-460A-83C3-98E6FF23A278.jpeg

Oh, I'm sorry about the varnish on the top piece! That's a shame. I hope you can restore it. It's a wonderful piece of eye candy! Beautiful job with this collage.

I like the second one, too! You're very good.

Oh, I'm sorry about the varnish on the top piece! That's a shame. I hope you can restore it. It's a wonderful piece of eye candy! Beautiful job with this collage.

I like the second one, too! You're very good.
I really think that they are gone. Just found the third one. I would have to redo all of them but the momentum is gone.
67B3B4F0-1CE3-4A28-BD89-48F9281133B4.jpeg

I remember this! The image seems of better quality here? It may be the same, whatever, it is even better than I remember it.

These are all so incredibly cool. It really sucks about the varnish. I will be keeping myself awake tonight trying to figure out a way or a solution to saving the ones that you put this varnish on. :unsure:

These are all so incredibly cool. It really sucks about the varnish. I will be keeping myself awake tonight trying to figure out a way or a solution to saving the ones that you put this varnish on. :unsure:
That was really stupid of me. I bought a gallon and would roll it on many paintings. I have tried to look it up but it does seem like it is impossible to remove the stuff. 🙁

I kept thinking of the finest sandpaper possible, but that will fade the painting. *sigh* You'd have to touch up the painting to the point of repainting the whole thing. I almost wish it was flaking off and then scraping it off would do less damage to it than sanding. Maybe acetone could work as Hermes suggested. Trying a small area first couldn't hurt.

I kept thinking of the finest sandpaper possible, but that will fade the painting. *sigh* You'd have to touch up the painting to the point of repainting the whole thing. I almost wish it was flaking off and then scraping it off would do less damage to it than sanding. Maybe acetone could work as Hermes suggested. Trying a small area first couldn't hurt.
I bought some acetone to try as Hermes suggested . To restore is impossible. Maybe I can turn them into something else.

I bought some acetone to try as Hermes suggested . To restore is impossible. Maybe I can turn them into something else.
Sorry to hear that, but I suppose another way to look at it is that the polyurethane is living up to its reputation as a very tough varnish.

Back