Cloudscape

I'll give it a shot ;) but that has always caused certain colors to pick up too strong too, especially anything in the blue family.
Yes, the blues will be more prominent, but then you can pull those out a bit and push some reds in photoshop.

Beautiful cloudscape. Your own comments make me a bit curious about the original colors, but I agree with other posters, it does look great as you show it here.
Reminds me a bit of a remark of a watercolor teacher I once read, that his pupils overestimated the importance of finding the exact right colors. So though your work shows with colors that are a bit off, it still can be appreciated.

E.J.H. Thank you. I'm seriously thinking about painting some more on it and then I'll try again to get the proper colors. :giggle:

Wow. Nice, and on copper, to boot! I appreciate oil paintings on copper, but I've never tried that. Where do ya' get the copper?
Expensive? Let me know how you prep the surface of the copper, please.

Thanks Bill. Actually the old masters, when painting on copper, would rub the copper with garlic before painting, but I usually just sand it with a very fine sandpaper in a circular motion. As to where I get the copper, I get it in various places, mostly ordering it online. Yes, it is pricey and heavy also, so postage is up there. Just google "copper sheeting".

Sno, you say "simple little cloudscape". To me it looks like Master Piece! Love it! :love:

I was going to ask what kind of copper sheet is the support and if you handle the surface somehow before you paint on copper, but I got the answer above when you answered to WFMartin's questions. Thanks for sharing you wonderful work and technical things too, Snoball!

Back