Clay tile art?

PSA3475

Experimenting with doing different things with handmade clay tiles...
5E2BB6B2-CF40-4B43-895E-AE5253556A0F.jpeg

It is lovely! I would have left off the bottom tile but it is a very pretty and interesting picture. (y)

What a beautiful composition and technique. It's unique and interesting, and I love it!

Very attractive work ! It has a kinda 'South Of The Border' look to me, must be the great colors.

I would guess that you had the composition in mind before making the tiles, but what was the actual sequence ?

I actually had something different in mind and had made a number of tiles in different sized circles, squares and squiggles. I was experimenting with different textures and planned to make a kind of spirit stick. However as I was finishing up making the tiles, I had some pieces that inspired me to do projects for the grandkids for Christmas. So for example, I made tiles that when assembled made a sax player... using same shapes....large circle head, square body and squiggly legs and arms, plus a sax. Tiles were glazed and fluid on a paper backed board and framed. I’d add a pic but I already gave them away. Anyway I liked the look of those so decided to use tiles originally intended for the spirit stick and make the pic I posted instead. Thanks you your interest and for reading this long explanation.

I actually had something different in mind and had made a number of tiles in different sized circles, squares and squiggles. I was experimenting with different textures and planned to make a kind of spirit stick. However as I was finishing up making the tiles, I had some pieces that inspired me to do projects for the grandkids for Christmas. So for example, I made tiles that when assembled made a sax player... using same shapes....large circle head, square body and squiggly legs and arms, plus a sax. Tiles were glazed and fluid on a paper backed board and framed. I’d add a pic but I already gave them away. Anyway I liked the look of those so decided to use tiles originally intended for the spirit stick and make the pic I posted instead. Thanks you your interest and for reading this long explanation.
Thanks for the explanation, it adds a lot of value and interest.

I'd like to see more explanations like this from other posters. I think they are helpful.

Back