Chipmonk

ams

20211001D Chipmonk (WDE 10-1-21, Pixabay).jpg

This was a little chipmonk I did for a WC Weekly Drawing Event recently.

It's done in Artrage digital oils. I start with a free hand sketch, free the layer and then work over that. I do light blending with the default palette knife.

EXCELLENT and Beautiful! ♥️ We have so many of these cute little critters around here. But they chew up a lot of our cacti and the wires inside out car engines. :(

The front of the body is amazingly contrasted with the background. the back of the body is little blury so it lose the contrast. need less saturation.
over all beatiful work.

EXCELLENT and Beautiful! ♥️ We have so many of these cute little critters around here. But they chew up a lot of our cacti and the wires inside out car engines. :(
Thanks Arty. I know what you mean about the chipmunks. They are adorable but very distructive.

The front of the body is amazingly contrasted with the background. the back of the body is little blury so it lose the contrast. need less saturation.
over all beatiful work.
Thanks for your comments Lazarus.

D'aww what an adorable creature. I think you did well. Artrage's a cool program. I use it now and then when I feel like going traditional style without the mess that comes with real stuff. ;)

Thanks Dm7. I love working in Artrage Oils but what is interesting is that I never worked in real oils and only dabbled very briefly in acrylics. When I work in natural media, I use watercolor. I think the "no mess" aspect of digital painting is part of what draws me since I like to work in many short sessions to complete a painting.

Yes, that's the most beautiful part of digital painting, there's no setup, so you can start right away. :D If it works for you, then it's great!

Personally, I fell in love with oil painting and will continue to use it, but I spent all my life doing digital painting, therefore it's my comfy zone. It's hard to break my default behavior to paint digitally and go traditional. Oh, well. I'll keep on trying.

Reactions: ams
It's hard to break my default behavior to paint digitally and go traditional. Oh, well. I'll keep on trying.
I know what you mean. I have often felt that they style finds you, not the other way around. If I try to work in a different style, I start out ok but I really get involved in the painting, before I know it, I am back to my own style.

Reactions: Dm7
Back