Cardinal in Snowy Branches

KreativeK

Cardinal in Snowy Branches.jpg

16x20 watercolor on Canson 140 lb cold press done last week using multiple refs and my own cardinals. And no, we do not get that kind of snow here except for one ice storm last year.
C&C welcome ;)

Wonderful work on the snow. You have just the right hint of color. I love the contrast of the red bird against the white snow.

pops is right .. this would make a great Christmas Card .. you must have been under the influence (of Christmas)

Snow is deceptively difficult to paint,and you did splendidly. The cardinal is a great rendering of the ones we see here so often. We sure get a lot of snow like that here in the mountains of Western PA, although it has been mild the last several seasons.

My one small nit would be the vertical line of snow overlapping the cardinal is a bit hard edged and attracts the eye.

Last edited:
This is gorgeous, Kay! Your cardinal just pops amid all that gray-blue snow. Terrific details on the bird!

Oh Kay, everything looks so real. The snow is exceptionally drawn and the red bird completes the image perfectly.

It is great to sell constantly your holiday designs to a company.

This is wonderful! Both snow and bird look very nice. The shadows in the snow give the painting a lot of depth.

Back