Busy Bee

KatShealy

Trying this again. Thanks to Artyczar for the help.

Attachments

• 20210401_163303.jpg
    20210401_163303.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 81
Oh Wow! I love this. This is very good Kat! What size is it? It is really beautifully painted. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Good job posting this thread too! :)

Also, do you have a title for this painting? If so, I can change the title of this thread for you if you'd like. :)

Very nice work, Kat! Perfect title, really - you have painted him looking hard at work, so he is a busy bee! :)

I love this! I like that you didn't feel the need to get super detailed with the flowers - they are just the supporting actors and the bee is the star. You have some great color harmony happening too!

I love this! I like that you didn't feel the need to get super detailed with the flowers - they are just the supporting actors and the bee is the star. You have some great color harmony happening too!
Thank you. You know, I seem to do better when I don't take myself too seriously. Leave your ego at the door kind of thing.

Thank you. You know, I seem to do better when I don't take myself too seriously. Leave your ego at the door kind of thing.
Maybe I can play a game, like put my primary colors in front of me as well as the canvas, use a stopwatch and give myself a certain amount of time to finish. That way I can't get bogged down in details. Won't have time to.

I am trying monochrome. It seems I can only learn one thing at a time. No drawing first (remember, I hid all my pencil) No reference just dove right in. Think I'll have to change to sepia though. I set this painting on a bookshelf and it was a little creepy in the low light. Looks like a ghost in black and white (lol).

Attachments

• 20211027_132759.jpg
    20211027_132759.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 59
I am trying monochrome. It seems I can only learn one thing at a time. No drawing first (remember, I hid all my pencil) No reference just dove right in. Think I'll have to change to sepia though. I set this painting on a bookshelf and it was a little creepy in the low light. Looks like a ghost in black and white (lol).
Disclaimer...I did not use a grid. I painted squares as I went along and created a little bit of a disjointed look. As Bob Ross would say, it was a happy accident. A little like she is looking through slightly beveled glass. Hmmmmmm. Maybe I can experiment with that. Thanks to the Art and Fear book.

Back