Burmese Landscape

Balaji

This is a watercolour sketch inspired by a screen saver image on my desktop. It is on A3 size 270 gsm Chitrapat watercolour paper (rough). It has not turned out quite the way I wanted it to, but I decided to post it just the same.
Burmese Landscape.jpg

Yes, the washes are nice. I like this kind of watercolor technique. It's a pure watercolor. It could be even cooler if some of the washes slightly overlapped. :)

It has not turned out quite the way I wanted it to, but I decided to post it just the same.
I'm glad you did! :) This is a very soft and lovely watercolor. I like the washes of color and the composition. I think it's a successful painting.

I think this turned out really well! I love that sky and the foreground especially. :)

Yes, the washes are nice. I like this kind of watercolor technique. It's a pure watercolor. It could be even cooler if some of the washes slightly overlapped. :)
I am not yet very confident about my watercolour skills to put the blame on the paper, but I did feel that the wash did not move on the paper. I had a very tough time trying to get it to overlap and mix.

I'm glad you did! :) This is a very soft and lovely watercolor. I like the washes of color and the composition. I think it's a successful painting.
Thank you Terri, but I can't take any credit for the colours and composition. I was just trying to paint a simplified version of the image on my desktop.

I was just trying to paint a simplified version of the image on my desktop.
I can appreciate that. :) Nonetheless, when you translate what you see in front of you to the paper, there's always room for compositional mistakes, edging things out, or misjudging the sizes or placement of other elements. So I gave credit for pulling together this lovely scene. ❤

Back