Burger King

Bongo

probably has the best hamburgers, and the worst fries.
bk1.jpg

I set up under the stanchions holding up a sign for the plaza - that's also right across from BK
bk2.jpg

What worked out was no cars could park in my view... but a couple cars pulled up, rolled down a window, and chatted.
One of them was a woman in a Lincoln Navigator who was thrilled to see someone in the area doing something besides drugs and prostitution. She took my picture and posted about me on her Facebook "newsletter".

progress
bk5.jpg

A young working girl strolled up and complimented my work, and offered me a bite of a candy bar she had half eaten. I graciously declined.

"Burger King" oil on 16"x20" panel. Lettering was done in studio.

burgerkingxx.jpg

comments welcomed:

Attachments

• 20240213_151311_copy_600x800.jpg
    20240213_151311_copy_600x800.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 2
Love it! You always pick the greatest colors. The sky is particularly cool. Is it you or the colors of Seattle? I've been there a number of times, and I think it's you. ;)

And you're right about their fries. It's too bad they can't have McD's fries with their hamburgers, although those fries are a bit too salty. Maybe Jack's fries?

I don't see what you see in your subject matter but you are persistent and earning your stripes. That’s a nice lonely sky in a somewhat lonely area And the scene is portrayed well.

Just looking at the photo of the scene I am struck by the design that the sign and billboard make against the sky. Your painting turned out great and I’m grateful that the guy on the bike from your last outing didn’t happen to be going by. I love the tiny depiction of the burger and fries in the window!

That is great, Bongo! BK needs to hang that on their wall. :giggle: ❤️
Thanks sno. I hope that they won't put it next to the sign for their "Two for $5" special
Love it! You always pick the greatest colors. The sky is particularly cool. Is it you or the colors of Seattle? I've been there a number of times, and I think it's you. ;)

And you're right about their fries. It's too bad they can't have McD's fries with their hamburgers, although those fries are a bit too salty. Maybe Jack's fries?
Thank you Ayin.
Plein air thrives on light and shadow to make a scene work. In Seattle we have a lot of overcast days which means NO shadows. So to make a scene work I look to color to provide interest and separation.

agree Jack's and McD's have good fries. Dicks - which is a local franchise has the most delicious fries. Next time you're in Seattle drop by Dick's, and tell 'em Bongo sent you.
I don't see what you see in your subject matter but you are persistent and earning your stripes. That’s a nice lonely sky in a somewhat lonely area And the scene is portrayed well.
I don't look for subject matter so much as shape and composition. If there are interesting shapes and I can make a good composition then it's a potential painting.

Just looking at the photo of the scene I am struck by the design that the sign and billboard make against the sky. Your painting turned out great and I’m grateful that the guy on the bike from your last outing didn’t happen to be going by. I love the tiny depiction of the burger and fries in the window!
Exactly - it was the billboard, sign and telephone poles that attracted me to the scene.
Thanks Donna, I love the little ads in the window too.
Fortunately, the guy on the bike was inside BK and didn't venture out.

I don't look for subject matter so much as shape and composition. If there are interesting shapes and I can make a good composition then it's a potential painting
Got it, a different angle than color or value but a workable frame to build from. I am surprised you are not more abstracted coming at things from that stand point. It’s interesting to read other people’s angles. Thanks for the info.

I love that sky, and the roof line, in addition to the billboard. What a fun scene!!

Ahhh, this is great. Makes me hungry although our Texas chain of Whataburger is much more to my taste. I like your colors and composition. Nice negative space.

agree Jack's and McD's have good fries. Dicks - which is a local franchise has the most delicious fries. Next time you're in Seattle drop by Dick's, and tell 'em Bongo sent you.
Will do Bongo! Will be back in June. ;)

Ahhh, this is great. Makes me hungry although our Texas chain of Whataburger is much more to my taste. I like your colors and composition. Nice negative space.
Thanks Jo - I'm a big fan of Burger King, just order the onion rings instead of the fries.

Back