Broken Soldier

Enyaw

namuh
15.jpg

11 x 14 Inches .. Oil on paper .. Alla Prima .. Knife .. painted Jan 12/22

Gosh this one is sad. Even without knowing the title that figure is so downcast - and the leaning buildings give a feeling that something awful has happened here. Such an emotional piece, Wayne.

Thank you Zen and Donna .. I think I better shake these blues or I'll lose and one or two viewers I have left. I honestly don't start out to paint what comes out. It just paints itself using me as the tool. I must admit, it is fun though.

I agree that the soldier looks so forlorn and dejected. I took it to be some sort of rocky landscape that he/she is shambling through.

Very emotive Wayne, and fits right in with your other figure paintings.💕

Thank you Lamar.
It could be anything but to me it's rock face. To the left of the soldier the flesh tones show me girls wit their arms out and above him the dark mass that fades into the light is a group of people heading to the light. He is simply in line. If you look into the light their is a city and from the light flows a river to help him find his way. He is going home. I should just write a book and use the pictures to show the story. Naw, too much work.

Back