Bodega Bay Harbor

Bartc

Painting from Saturday at Bodega Bay Harbor. 10x8" soft pastel on Sienna PastelMat. B. Charlow 2024
Bodega Bay Harbor 2024.jpg

This is a really lovely scene! Love those vivid colours. I really like those trees that break up the horizon.

Wow! This is a bright, colorful and lovely scene, Bart. There's a lot to enjoy here. Love the blue of the water and the foreground flowers.

Very cheerful painting - makes me smile.

Thanks, Terri.
Oddly, though folks seem to like this one, I was disappointed.

What a stunner! You must have caught the feel of the day; sun-drenched and warm.

Great work Bart. One of my favorites of yours. Beautiful. The blacks really help I think. Contrast. Nice.

Thanks, Terri.
Oddly, though folks seem to like this one, I was disappointed.
I'm quite familiar with that feeling. ;)

So, is there something specific about this piece that leaves you feeling this way?

I'm quite familiar with that feeling. ;)

So, is there something specific about this piece that leaves you feeling this way?
Yes, for starters it's cluttered. Emphasis should have been on the purple flowering plant in the foreground, which is overshadowed by the saturation and values behind it. And those hillside trees are too sketchy and similar. So what I intended didn't come out here. What you see is different, of course.

I've done some far better work that has been very satisfying lately. This was a toss off in my book by comparison.

But I suspect we ALL know that feeling! LOL

Back