Blue House Farm

Bartc

Blue House Farm in Half Moon Bay, CA. 20x10" pastel on white Pastelmat. B. Charlow 2021.
Blue HOuse Farm Nov 21.jpg

What a glorious sky! I love your colors. The leading lines of your field lead straight to the center where the eye goes right up to that purple mountain and beautiful sky. This is so well done. Love it!

Beautiful colors and a good depth.
I only expected a blue house somewhere :)
Yeah, me too! Turns out there once was a blue house there, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. They kept the name of the old farm. I had expected to paint something different altogether, but once there this view over the plowed fields toward the end of the valley is what kept my eye. So that's what I (and you) get: no blue house....

very nice Bart .. the simplicity of the composition is well balanced with the color within color.

Bart, do you do underpaintings on Pastelmat? I'm curious if you do them or just jump in with the pastels. I agree about the glorious sky and the beautiful colors!

Bart, do you do underpaintings on Pastelmat? I'm curious if you do them or just jump in with the pastels. I agree about the glorious sky and the beautiful colors!
I do underpaint dry with hard pastels usually Nupastels, though not the complete painting area. Ironically, though one reason I pay for Pastelmat is its wonderful ability to stand up to wet underpainting, I don't usually do that! Am about to get back into that a little bit with alcohol, though.

this looks so lovely... very vivid... the sky tones and crop lines complement beautifully

Thanks for all the lovely compliments, folks. I wasn't sure this one worked as intended, but you validate that it does. As with most of us, I can point out all the places that I didn't find quite right, pleasing or technically correct. Must be the artist's disease! LOL

Very nice Bartc. I like the perspective drawing us in and the gorgeous colors in the sky.

Back