Black Magic

KreativeK

Black Magic Cat.jpg

12x12 wc on Masters Touch Premium paper 140 lb CP done today, a black cat peeping out between pumpkins. I should've titled this one Peeping Tom, LOL...

This is fantastic! Vivid bright colors and an excellent rendering of the cat's eye. Love it!

Kay, that is so wonderful and unexpected! Perfect for Halloween.

Whoa, look at the intensity of his gaze! I love this painting, Kay. Black cats so often look menacing, but tend to be big teddy bears. Very cool painting!

Black cats are so difficult to paint, but you've managed to catch the nuances of light on his fur. Cats are almost impossible to paint in watercolour (I gave up!). How did you do the whiskers? Gel pen? Gouache?

What a great composition....the palette really pops and the subtle bits of fur texture are excellent. Beautiful work Kay.

John

Love it. I like your "Peeping Tom" title too although a Halloween theme title would work equally as well.

Black cats are so difficult to paint, but you've managed to catch the nuances of light on his fur. Cats are almost impossible to paint in watercolour (I gave up!). How did you do the whiskers? Gel pen? Gouache?
I painted around some whiskers and others are using a white gel pen.

Back