Been a while

laf.art

Hi everyone👋, hope you are all doing ok🙂, I read the message from Trier, has anyone heard anything new? Been in a slump of late, and although I haven't been commenting here, I have been popping in. Don't have much work to show, have been trying to paint but most of it is absolute crap which I have already painted over🙂, in fact a couple of canvases have become quite heavy haha.I see that WC is more or less gone, sad but not surprising.Anyway good to be back and look forward to seeing your work and maybe even commenting 🙂

Hi laf! Good to see you! I also haven't been around the last few days. I've been working a lot. I have been thinking about Trier a lot. :(

Hi Arty, been following your blog you have been busy, good luck with the open studio.Me too re: Trier, hope someone has some news.
Hey Enyaw yes it seems months, been a bit uncommunicative of lateYou've been showing some lovely work here🙂

Good to see you back here Laf! A propos heavy canvases, many of the papers I paint on (over and over) are much heavier than canvases….😀

HaHa I can imagine, one or two of my canvases will almost stand alone now ha.Glad to be back Nufocus

...stand alone like sculptures. Prior to your departure, you were posting amazing work. The "muse" likes to keep us on our toes.

I am not commenting as much because of my reduced eyesight makes typing a frustrating business.

Yes, I too have been thinking about Trier.

Exactly, ready to cloak the unsuspecting passerby should they venture up close to see the colours:). Thanks I hope to be doing some decent work again - we shall see, speaking of which what is happening with yours(eyes I mean)

Exactly, ready to cloak the unsuspecting passerby should they venture up close to see the colours:). Thanks I hope to be doing some decent work again - we shall see, speaking of which what is happening with yours(eyes I mean)
I only bring it up as it affects my time on here, but I have inherited a condition (Best disease) which slowly reduces the central vision, and it has reduced of late. I visited the ophthalmologist yesterday and picked up magnifiers, also snapped a pic of a retinal camera. Oooh!

20210924_153806.jpg

Hand mag.jpg

Edit. On the bright side, i can now blame my bad art on the condition 😁

Last edited:
So sorry Iain. I think about your eyes a lot. And your art, which is NOT bad. It's GREAT! Even if it's hard to see, you still have a wonderful sense for it. ♥️

Cool shots.

Thank you, Artyczar. Your encouragement has played no small part in my process.🖤Eternally grateful.

Iain....oh....ow....mate, I had no idea of your vision struggle.
Two things....I will paint Extra Large from now on and.....
send me an address ..... I am going to mail you a touchy-feely gift.

Hi everyone👋, hope you are all doing ok🙂, I read the message from Trier, has anyone heard anything new? Been in a slump of late, and although I haven't been commenting here, I have been popping in. Don't have much work to show, have been trying to paint but most of it is absolute crap which I have already painted over🙂, in fact a couple of canvases have become quite heavy haha.I see that WC is more or less gone, sad but not surprising.Anyway good to be back and look forward to seeing your work and maybe even commenting 🙂
Trier is doing better and will probably be back soon.

That is good news!

Iain....oh....ow....mate, I had no idea of your vision struggle.
Two things....I will paint Extra Large from now on and.....
send me an address ..... I am going to mail you a touchy-feely gift.

Painting extra large made me laugh. Not to appear ungrateful, I am a bit worried about the touchy-feely gift 😁

Back