Ball Point Trial Sketch

Balaji

This is an approximately 5" x 7" ball point pen sketch on ordinary office stationery. In 2010 I had bought three different inexpensive ball point pens and was trying to evaluate them. This, I think, was the third of those three pens that I tried out.

BPS 161210.jpg

It's very good! I keep seeing ball point pen drawings on the Internet and wonder how many of them are real. Never tried doing one and trying to make it look really good. You've done it. :giggle: ❤️

Thank you Margaret.
In some ways sketching with a ball point pen is like sketching with a pencil. It is pressure sensitive and therefore with just one pen you can get lines with different values and thicknesses. But many ball point pens tend to drop blobs of ink now and then.

Wonderful! Excellent textures. I am going to start a thread for Inktober and hope to see your work there.

Balaji, I believe there is nothing that you cannot capture with a sketch.

Reactions: Joy
You certainly did a great job with the pen! No blobs with this one. Do you remember what make was?

Joy, Bart, and Sanlynn...Thank you.

Joy...I will try to post a few sketches in the Inktober thread, but I may not be able to do one sketch every day. Will that be ok?

Sanlynn...I am sorry. I do not recall the make of the pen. I do remember that it was very inexpensive....something like Rs. 10/- each which would be around 7 or 8 cents per pen.

Last edited:
Joy, Bart, and Sanlynn...Thank you.

Joy...I will try to post a few sketches in the Inktober thread, but I may not be able to do one sketch every day. Will that be ok?

Sanlynn...I am sorry. I do not recall the make of the pen. I do remeber that it was very inexpensive....something like Rs. 10/- each which would be around 7 or 8 cents per pen.

I was just composing the thread as you posted. Do whatever you want on any day - no obligation!

Back