Back pain

Wow Terri ... these are powerful pieces. A lot of emotion in them, and very strong narrative. The third reminded me of Frida Kahlo, too.

I remember these from over at Site X, Terri, and Frida K was who I immediately thought of too, especially #3. Sorry that you suffer from such ☹️

Maybe we need a thread or forum for exorcising our bodily demons through art? Or, if not full-blown exorcism, we would at least be able to publicly bitch about them and experience what small reliefs and distractions that are available through that. (At this point veteran CS members are thinking, "Oh, no, there go the interloping hordes suggesting yet another forum.") 😆

I remember these from over at Site X, Terri, and Frida K was who I immediately thought of too, especially #3. Sorry that you suffer from such ☹️

Maybe we need a thread or forum for exorcising our bodily demons through art? Or, if not full-blown exorcism, we would at least be able to publicly bitch about them and experience what small reliefs and distractions that are available through that. (At this point veteran CS members are thinking, "Oh, no, there go the interloping hordes suggesting yet another forum.") 😆
The paradoxal is that i feel no pains when im diving to my painting or any other creaitve act.

Lamar, thank you! I remember you were the first person to make the comparison to Frida Kahlo, which blew me away. But you were spot on in your assessment of how art can help us deal with our various demons. (y)

And Lazarus is correct, too, with the comment about how the act of making art can help us forget about the pain.

Art was suggested to me as an actual pain management technique. At the time, I was almost insulted, as I found that very dismissive. But darned if it doesn't actually work. Not all the time, of course, but it can't be denied that it helps! :)

Terri
These are beautiful, expressive artistic pieces and the pain and suffering you have had to endure is very well depicted in your work. My deepest sympathy to you and I hope for better days ahead for you. :)

I do feel that through your beautiful expression of art you have garnered that real sense of release in emotion that sometimes mere words cannot do justice.

Once again my prayers to you and others going forward who must endure health issues on a daily basis.

John

Thank you for those lovely, uplifting words, John. They mean more than you know! ❤

I couldn't imagine your great painting talent along with your photography talent! It was a nice surprise. You did learn and assimilate many things from the artistry of Picasso and you went further to your way!!
(y)

Very interesting works! And boy, do I relate to having a pain demon! I have an autoimmune disease, neurological motor disorder and nerve condition. It's an ugly combination, and I've been dealing with it since I was about 15. Chronic pain is a wretched beast, and it is always hungry. I use my art as a means of coping, though I rarely interject any of those meanings directly into my subject matter. I just use the process of making pretty things as a way of dealing with pain, to give me something productive to do when nerve pain wakes me up in the middle of the night. And yes, to deal with the depression that accompanies chronic pain.

Art can be extremely cathartic. I am glad it's helped you the way it's helping me.

Jessie, thank you so much for commenting here. ❤️ I'm sorry to hear that you are battling with your own pain demon! Your work doesn't reflect it at all - I find your work very full of color and light, just beautiful imagery! I'm so glad it helps you through the worst times, as it does me.

Where would we be without our artistic expression, eh? :)

Back