Art Festival Tent

@Terri I found a really similar shelf in my laundry room that's

the same but wicker.. definitely retiring it from laundry duty.. going to take new pictures of tent when it isn't super-hot and I have a few small paintings finished.

@Terri I found a really similar shelf in my laundry room that's

the same but wicker.. definitely retiring it from laundry duty.. going to take new pictures of tent when it isn't super-hot and I have a few small paintings finished.
Sounds interesting! Looking forward to seeing it! :)

Pre
I've been in different types of fairs--the big curated ones where galleries represent you. I have not done the self-made ones for a few reasons. It's a lot of work, for one thing. I've seen friends do it and it is a cost for the setup. And, my work is not marketable for the type of audiences that frequent those kinds of fairs/festivals. I probably have some work that would fit, but it's far too expensive for what's expected for those things. I would not get any sales unless I had prints or something like that and I don't do reproductions of my work. I've been doing open studios here in my area (there's about 100+ artists that are involved), and even then, the people that come through balk at me. They make insane comments about my prices and I cut them 50%! I still sell to the few that take me seriously, and that's enough for me, but sometimes it's not worth all the insults and putdowns after I've worked more than 30 years to work those prices up to where they are. It also would not be fair to all the collectors that have already invested in me at those higher prices. I can't just start selling my work for a hundred dollars. That's what most people expect.
Preach Sister!

took this many years ago at a street fair during my street phase. I thought it encapsulates my "spider to the fly" cross purposes idea.
streetfair.jpg

Back