Any way of reviving a kneaded erasers?

cranberryartworks

Nelson
Supporting Member
Any way of reviving a kneaded eraser? I have one or two that are dried out and one that is like a block of rubber.

In the hand Lock?and after Stretching it ?a me era dipeso dalla marca erano dure da sempre,,successiva andato di altra marca,faber castell non erano dure

You could try warming it up a little bit and then knead it. I've heard of that working but never tried it myself.
I keep mine in a small plastic container and its been fine for years.

I hold mine in my hand for a while to warm it and then pull it like taffy, fold and pull some more. This will help it for a while. I also use Blue tack and treat it the same way.

The Tombow eraser is very useful, but one negative is the fact that the crumbs tend to stick to the paper. Sometimes, in a small space, I have a very difficult time getting the crumbs off. Any tips?

You could dip the eraser in water for a few seconds, or you can use a damp cloth or sponge to moisten the eraser's surface. Afterward, knead the eraser again to distribute the moisture throughout. This can help rehydrate the eraser and restore its elasticity. If the eraser is extremely hard or has become a block of rubber, you may need to trim away the hardened parts. Use a craft knife or scissors to carefully cut away the dry sections, reshaping the eraser into a usable form.

Back