After Sergi Bongart

Enyaw

namuh
004.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted April 22/22 ... no attempt to copy his image just to do the scene in a likewise manner
I painted this before I hurt my shoulder so it will be a week or two before I get back to things. I tried painting from the hip this morning so I did not have to use my shoulder but it still hurt like hell and it took all my attention away from painting. So I'll give it the rest it needs.

I had heard of Bongart but didn't really know anything about him so I checked out his work. I'd say you have a good feel for his style, Wayne! This is lovely - especially the very few strokes you used to describe the flowers. I hope your shoulder is recuperating!

Another super beautiful one Wayne. You control that knife better than I can a brush. ❤️❤️

Thank you Sno. I use both these days but mostly the knife for finish. I have adjusted my medium so I can slop in the block in with a bright and then I change consistency from mayo to peanut butter for my knife on the finish. Seems to be working well for me.

Back