A Turkish Cafe

Brad

This is from an old photo, rearranged a bit..

20x30" oil on canvas

20200721_0046251.jpg

I have seen this on WC before. i gave it much compliments then, and now the same.
just now i notice that little shade line on the cigarette is missing in the dark side.
beautiful all over painting.

Lovely painting.
.... to me, the guy on dark side is eating not smoking. Chocolate judging by the plate in front of him.

Nice painting.
Lovely painting.
.... to me, the guy on dark side is eating not smoking. Chocolate judging by the plate in front of him.
Lazarus is referring to the man in the foreground smoking. Half of his face is in shadow but there is no shadow on the cigarette.

Thank you everyone! The cigarette is as the reference photo depicts as it is in direct light from upper left.

This is so well done! There's a lot to look at in this scene. The guy looking at us has a lot of character. Love the reflections in the table. I also like all the little details - the glass, the smoke, the food.

Highly accomplished wonderful painting. The lighting, depth,reflections etc done in the most professional way, IMHO.
I like i a lot.

Awesome! I love the colors in this, all some of my favorites: blue/green/brown/grey. Really nice glass (bottles) and the table reflections are excellent. The subjects grab you. Great work! ♥️

This is fabulous, Brad! The color of your back wall is just to die for. Wow! So much else to mention, but I'll just stick to two that make this a standout for me: the little turquoise/blue plate on the right side of the table (I can just feel how thin it is!), and I also keep staring at the table line through the bottle on the left. It's so perfectly "off-line."

And the table reflections. So that's three things. My bad. 😛

Great painting!!

Back