a little charcoal pencil today

mbeckett

here i go play with charcoal pencils today and i see we have a shiny new ink and marker forum! figures... :rolleyes::LOL:

facetasticfriday -2021-09-24.jpg

Oh I love this sort of stuff, working on toned paper, isn't it so great to be able to draw both the lights and darks in! You did that smile so well (I find that a real hard expression to nail!) and the light in her eyes. Strongest contrast around the eyes to draw attention there right?

Oh I love this sort of stuff, working on toned paper, isn't it so great to be able to draw both the lights and darks in! You did that smile so well (I find that a real hard expression to nail!) and the light in her eyes. Strongest contrast around the eyes to draw attention there right?
thanks! yes toned paper is da bomb! :) this one was a little different from my usual work. usually i am mostly applying the shading with a little light as highlights. this one was the opposite.. just applying a little shading. and yes.. darkest darks around the eyes. :)

Wow! Excellent. How you do dat? Amazes me really.
thank you. i'll tell you a little secret. i'm not happy with this. her eyes are too high... i keep making that mistake. so next time i will try to avoid that. so how do i do that? practice with purpose! ;)

Back