A Hot Day At The Chemical Plant Where They Make Red

Trier

Supporting Member
How else could I explain the amount of red I used here ?

Acrylic/paper - 18x24 in

DSCN0209ChemPlantWCM1.JPG

When I read the title, I was expecting an explosion of Abstract Expressionism, rather than a pretty factory...
I really like this, for what it is worth. Excellent.

I don't think the red needs explanation. It speaks for itself. Speaks to me.

I was kind of expecting an explosion too. 😁 Very nice painting and the red doesn't overwhelm.

This is one of my favorite landscapes--ever! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Something about it is so cool, I just am so envious of it. Wish I'd made it myself! :)

When I read the title, I was expecting an explosion of Abstract Expressionism, rather than a pretty factory...
I really like this, for what it is worth. Excellent.

I don't think the red needs explanation. It speaks for itself. Speaks to me.
Great to know it connects with you Iain; it seems much better received by all than I thought it might be.

I chose to post this in this Landscape forum because the painting seemed a little bit more realistic, even though it was close to being over the top with the amount of red, than what I think should be posted in the Abstract forum. I was a close call, but I this landscape forum seems appropriate for the more traditional styles, although I felt that I was pushing the limits.

Anyway, I have more than enough Abstract styled landscapes ready to post on the Abstract forum and not too many conventional Landscapes.

This is just my personal take on the way the forum contents should be, but to each his own here on CS, Thank Goodness !

joe,
Wayne - Thanks for the kind comments.

sno -I was also writing to you in my explanation to Iain. Your judgement that the red does not overwhelm is good news and appreciated.

Arty - Wow ! What can I say, except that I am humbled by your evaluation; Thank You

I like the touches of purple and magenta. They make the painting vibrate with colour.

I'm guessing the street address of the factory is number 254?

Back