A drawing from my show

Artyczar

I don't know if I showed this newer drawing in another thread or not that I made for my current show, but I sold it yesterday. I'm taking the advice of that Imposter Syndrome article and announcing when I sell stuff and have "accomplishments," though it still feels weird like I'm tooting my horn in an uncomfortable way.

perfectmoments72.jpg

Yeah, what sno said. Don't feel weird. Toot your horn. It makes us happy to see you succeed.

I checked out the link to your gallery, great stuff and I like your artist statement.

Last edited:
Okay, now I am thinking about butt trumpets again, thanks :ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note, I don't think you should even think/talk about it as "tooting your own horn", especially in this context, it kind of implicates you think the achievement doesn't merit it (it does), or that if you don't blow it yourself nobody does (they/we do!).

Love the drawing and its message (TOOT!)

OMG, I don't know who to thank first! All of you have truly boosted my confidence about feeling my accomplishments. It's really hard for me to do that. Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I can feel your support and it makes me feel like I have friends and people who do want me to succeed.

Sno, thank you for your very kind compliment. John, thank you for reading and noticing the statement. My gallery owner pushed me to write that and it came out pretty easily actually. EJH, you made me laugh pretty hard, but thank you for your more serious comments. They mean so much to me. NTL, thank you for using the word 'deserve." That's a toughy for me. Joe, thank you so much!

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ !

Back