A Case For Indian Yellow

Enyaw

namuh
004.jpg

11 x 14 inches oil on paper .. alla prima .. Study >not thought given except for putting flowers in a bowl using Indian Yellow as my initial load of floral color. Painted April 12\22

That's lovely. I have been a fan of Indian yellow for a long time. I love to use it for its transparency in glazes.

I love the texture you get in your paintings. Love the light on the green leaves. Indian yellow is very attractive.

Thank you Hermes. I love scraping it over a white support. Actually glazing is the right term.

Thank you Penny. It's the tender loving strokes. 😅 Not to mention the frustrated gestures.

Thank you Donna

Yeah, that W&N Griffin Indian Yellow is one of my favorite colors.

Thank you Lamar

Winsor & Newton Artist Oil ... forgot .. had one from a different company and it was garbage.

Yeah, that W&N Griffin Indian Yellow is one of my favorite colors.
Mine as well. The W&N Griffin Indian Yellow is a single pigment PY139 formulation, so apart from glazes, it behaves well when mixed with other colours.

I love Indian Yellow! Makes a beautiful mix with white or can be used as a transparent glaze. Your painting is lovely!❤️ ❤️

Thank you. Not likely .. the story's origins could tell a tale but that was yesterday. I wasn't there.

What a gorgeous color! It seems to have inspired this painting and certainly has been put to excellent use. Love it!

Winsor & Newton Artist Oil ... forgot .. had one from a different company and it was garbage.
For the sake of clarity, the paint Hermes2020 and I mention is from Winsor and Newton's line of Griffin alkyd oil paints. I don't know what pigment they use in their Artist Oils.

For the sake of clarity, the paint Hermes2020 and I mention is from Winsor and Newton's line of Griffin alkyd oil paints. I don't know what pigment they use in their Artist Oils.
For some reason known only to them, the W&N oil is not formulated with PY139. I seem to recall it is a mixture of two pigments. I will have to check when I have a moment.

Thanks Sanlynn.
Hermes, you are right. It is two but I am upstairs now so I can't check.

Back