5,000 Hand-printed Cyanotypes = 1 Music Video?

I've seen this before, and it's still one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Wow!

That's some dedication to a creative vision. Thanks for posting this, Lamar!

5000 frames, is a lot of work. Furthermore, take into account that you have to count them twice: negatives and positives.

I think I read about the cyanotype process in a Kodak book (Creative darkroom techniques, I think), around 1980. It was rather hard to find the special chemicals involved. I tried to look for raw chemicals, however a lady chemist warned me that it would be not easy at all to get some result this manner, unless I would work in a chemistry laboratory with proper equipment and controlled purity ingredients. So, after a few years of failing attempts I did abandon those alternative techniques myself.

classic, I have printed some cyanotypes from big digital negatives using the sun as the light source, but someone else mixed the chemicals. We coated the paper with foam brushes dipped in the solution, sandwiched our negs in big pieces of plexiglass and exposed for x minutes in sunlight. Got pretty decent results too!

They can be so beautiful!

It's really hard to wrap my head around this photographer's project. It's amazing work!

It's really hard to wrap my head around this photographer's project. It's amazing work!
It's something several people could think about and agree that it can be "feasible in theory", however no one would be brave enough to go further into the work needed to make it a reality!

Back