2 small alla prima still life studies

IronPawn

Hello everyone, it has been a while since the last post and here I have 2 little alla prima studies done over the weekend. Painted on canvas paper :oops:, but I didn't mind it at all, it was a shot at where I'm standing at the moment, just to be in ballpark somewhat - when it comes to holding a brush lol. Both of them were done using the same exact process: painted from life, no precise drawing - just shaky burnt umber thinned with linseed oil lines using small bristle, color mixing (done in the morning, quite long but fun), nice lunch, relaxing after the lunch, laying in the color, fixing it here and there, have some afternoon coffee and a cake... and voila! lol wish it was that easy!

Canvas paper pad sheet is 12" by 16", I think, but it was cut to fit since the setup was way too small and simple to fit that large sheet - trying not to waste time and paint.

Until next time... have a good one!

Zoran

P8290064.jpg

P8290040.jpg

Those are studies??? :) They are beautiful! I especially love the second one ❤️
Thank you Ann... Yeah, I like to test some color mixing and certain items without pressure of a larger piece. Thanks again for your kind comment, glad you liked it!

All the best.

Zoran

Hey guys,

Thank you Mark, Bee and Wayne for your kind comments, much appreciated!

All the best.

Zoran

These are beautiful! I love the textures, reflections and light. There's a lot to enjoy here! :)

A couple of small gems! Beautiful work, Zoran. Both are gorgeous, but the quality of light in the second one really elevates it for me. Your leaves and plums in particular are just singing!

Very good work. I enjoy every detail. I can't believe that they were paint "alla prima".
:)

Apologies to everyone for late reply...
Thank you Joe, Ayin, Donna, classic (recently, I started liking more working wet into wet - if palette is organized in advance, it is just incredible what can be achieved and at what speed... and on top of that no need to wait for layers to dry or deal with sunk areas or incorrect value or drawing - things like that), Kay and Sno :)

Thank you for your kind comments and hope to talk to you soon.

All the best y'all!

Back