Yesterday's (13/07)

Enyaw

namuh
11 x 14 oil on paper Alla Prima ... moss on a tree out in the bog.

moss.jpg

And then with the left over color I did a landscape version of a portrait I did of a flower against a window
11 x14 oil on paper .. Alla Prima

005.jpg

feels like I'm hogging the board but I paint most every day and I like to see reactions if any.

I really like them both,
it's nice to see your new jobs, I'm sure everyone's thinking, so you just make everyone happy with each new post.

These are absolutely beautiful! Love them and good on you for painting every day, you are getting quite deft with those knives! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Thank you Joe, Claude, Sno.
Knives and brush but the knife gets most of the work.

Well, you are hogging space o_O :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:o_O:) but get it now!
Wait till MY project is finished--there won't much space left! :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Nice painting! That size seems just right for these works.

You are not hogging anything, don't you notice how infrequently people post here? We need you to share your beautiful work! I wish I painted everyday, but I don't, and even if I did, I couldn't possibly finish anything in one sitting, unless I was drawing something quick, in which case I dare not show those (not many anyway).

These are excellent! I wouldn't know you were using the same palette, so you did a great job at varying the scenes here. I love both and don't have a favorite among the two. You are so prolific, it's amazing really. Again, your technique is so interesting and accomplished. beautiful work! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Wow. Thank you Arty. Now if I can get my head off the floor I should get to work on a piece for today. Yesterday's went to the sin bin. Soooo bad. As per palette, I am pretty much down to two of each primary and a whit. Now and then I'll add a color that got discarded from the palette such a testerdsy's use of terra rosa.

Good going Wayne.
I especially like the direction of the knife strokes in the sky in the first one, very effective.
I liked the first (portrait) version of the yellow one by the window a lot also.

Thank you Trier. I like the comp of the original flower better but like the paint application better on this one.

I like these both. I do have one thing about the vase - I can't quite figure out why you made it curving down as if the viewer was looking at it from below. Perhaps you are doing this on purpose to create multiple perspectives. Your knife technique is very good - including on the flowers.

Thank you. Yes, I did it to show the view of a short person looking up but I didn't give the window the same treatment. I have to do it once more as I like the portrait view better and I will adjust the window on that one. Thank you for that.

Back