World Watercolor Month July 2024

Joy

Contributing Member
As many of you may already know July is World Watercolor Month, where artists are encouraged to paint from daily prompts and post their works. One does not have to follow them in order or do all of them, as the "rules" are rather merely suggestions. I thought I would start a thread for those here at CS to post their works.

PROMPTS
NOTE: Prompts are entirely optional!
But, if you'd appreciate some ideas to help come up with something to create each day, prompts can be helpful and lots of fun! It's really enjoyable to watch what others come up with for the prompts as well. Whatever you create, make sure it's something you love!
OFFICIAL 2024 PROMPTS!

1719613155925.png

Thanks for sharing this Joy, I didn't know there was such a thing! I am currently after inspiration for something to paint as it has been too long.

Yes, thanks so much for sharing this! I had no idea there was a world watercolor month. I'll set myself the goal of making a new painting every day from the list of prompts. I haven't done one for today so I'll work on it tonight.

I suppose the spots on this ladybug qualifies as "pattern", the first prompt. I am only showing newly created art for this. It is a watercolor in a W & N 140CP 5 x 7 sketchbook. This bug came out OK, but the leaf shadows got overworked.

Ladybug.jpeg

YPR (How 'bout a first name?) Thanks for posting. I really like the perspective in the first one; the painting has so much depth.

This is my submission for Day 6 - Rusty. It is a watercolor and some ink, 7 x 5 in a W & N 140CP sketchbook. I had high hopes for this, but I fiddled with it way too long and it does not looks as rusty as my ref photo.

Lock.jpeg

This was originally done for a challenge in another forum but could meet the prompt "scratch" (sound that the pen makes when writing). This is 7 x 5 in a W & N 140CP sketchbook. I was originally going to add the feather in the original photo, but spent so long on this already and did not want to mess it up any more.

FountainPen.jpeg

Same sketchbook, with some plums that could count for the prompts "plant" or "sweet". Would love to see other posts. Foloowing the prompts is not necessary.

Plums.jpeg

Back