Woods In The Hilly Country

Enyaw

namuh
landscapeaaaa.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted April 4/22

Great sense of depth in this, Wayne, and I like how the sky color changes behind the foreground trees. Do you plan for that effect ahead of time or is it a spontaneous thing?

This is killer!! The background left looks like a distant cityscape. I agree with Donna bout the lovely sky shades, too. It's really, really nicely done. Love it!

Do you plan for that effect ahead of time or is it a spontaneous thing?
thank you Donna .. yes I do but if you forget it's not hard to go over a cool blue with a warm or vice versa.

Thank you Terri .. the abstraction and reality seem to have met a cordial point in this one. [
They co-exist in harmony. ]

thank you Sanlynn

Thank you Lamar .. actually it hurts like hell but I got my easel at a position that doesn't overly kill me. I have to keep it moving. The original problem was a doctor told me not to use it. It froze and I got a calcium buildup so the socket is too small and it takes little to flare up. It will go back to semi-normal but it's taking a lot longer that I like.

Looks like a logging road. What I like is that clutch of white birch and pine with that splash of pink and yellow below. Nice. (y)

Thank you Zen. It's origin was simply a photo I took and instead of painting the photo I painted one of the landscape ideas that came from the proposed composition. As you can see I was overly liberal. The photograph is just a spark for my memory which is where the painting comes from. As with Vincent, I too need a starting point. A spark becomes a flame: sometimes.

aaa.jpg

Back