What Can I Say .. More Flowers

Enyaw

namuh
004.JPG

11 x 14 inches ... oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Dec 22/22

Beautiful! I love how the greenery is encircling the flowers in this one. They're really popping.

Thank you Terri. I did that in an older painting by accident and liked that it gave a wreath of flowers in a glass.

Thank you moscatle and lamar

Nary a wasted stroke! The talent you possess in capturing the essence of the subjects in a classic, yet interpretative form, is impressive.

Thank you Joy. I like to call it the bones or skeleton. Years ago, for practice, I would take coloured pages from a book and try to salvage the picture using only big stokes of hues. An exercise in how little you need to suggest an item. Wasteful, but a good exercise.

Wayne, that sounds like a productive learning experience and hardly wasteful. Many year ago, I took a workshop with the famous (in the US) watercolorist, Tony Couch. He described an exercise taught by Ed Whitney, where one's painting "partner" would count brush strokes. The students had a maximum of 100 to finish a painting. That sounds like a lot, until one actually starts painting! :D

Back