Watched Bob Ross on Netflix

Desforges

I prepare myself a palette and followed Bob Ross for 2 paintings which I donated to a fundraiser for Huntington Disease. The first sold for more than my own paintings. So I painted another one the following year. Not sure if I should have signed Bob or Jocelyne. I kind of like the first one more than the second.
54C0CAE5-4C4B-4351-A1AF-344D965F3AB7.jpeg

19F3F826-3D29-4871-8310-E2900295756D.jpeg

Both are very nice. The second looks like you took more time and the first looks like you were trying to keep up with Bob. :giggle:

They are beautiful, especially the first.mI have recorded his programmes, but I am not sure if I should watch as I am conflicted by him.

They are beautiful, especially the first.mI have recorded his programmes, but I am not sure if I should watch as I am conflicted by him.
I am also very conflicted by his style and that type of production. I started watching the first few episodes . I believe that his gentleness was what got me to watch another one and so on.
I found most of his paintings tacky but there were many tips that I found very effective when it came to painting trees and skies and water.
I was curious to see how he created some effects.
The first painting did not take long to produce, less that an hour. Maybe it was over after a couple of touch ups.
But both paintings easily sold which was great, since they were being auctioned for a good cause. I am not tempted to keep repeating the style but still found some good tips.
And his voice calms me down when I feel chaotic. 😊 For what it is worth!

He doesn't conflict me at all. He got people to get over the fear of putting paint onto canvas. What a wonderful thing! He also taught some basics in composition. Everyone starts somewhere.

I also know that those who dabble are great BUYERS. They appreciate what it takes.

Joyclene, (or is it Job or Rossforges)I have now watched an episode. He is very calming and some of his tips in the one I saw were good. I might watch another!:D

I also tap a brush like he does with water, just for the hell of it. It is very satisfying.
Tree friends and cloud friends, and little mistakes. 💙💙💙

Back