Walking in Namadgi

MurrayG

Hi folks. A combination of photo reference and memories of hiking near Canberra in Namadgi national park. On toned Pastel mat, orange, 30x40 cm. Mostly Rembrandt's.
Still fiddling some small areas. As usual, trying to stop.but not happy with some sections. The sky needs some touchups and the trees I'm overworking.

IMG_4196.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful Canberra! Excellent distance, nice harmony and very relaxing scene. I like how the hills roll. 👏

What beautiful work you’ve done on this, Murray! I especially like the foreground grasses - just the right amount of detail and the trees look great as they are. The orange toned mat was a good choice!

A lovely inviting landscape, I love the sense of distance and the foreground detail.

This is beautiful, Murray! Near where I live- very recognisable.
Hi Bethany, great it "looks" right. It's my take on part of the Yankee Hat trail, on the other side of Mt Clear. Classic big landscapes and history. I even managed to see the aboriginal rock art. Great memories.

Hi moscatel. Thank you for the comments and likes. I recently rediscovered your work and am in awe. Makes your input even more appreciated. Hope the northern winter isn't too harsh for you.

What a gorgeous scene! I love your foreground grasses - just enough detail to keep the eye engaged. Your trees are terrific in shape and coloring - and I love the very soft curve your path is taking. The orange Pastel mat here was an inspired choice!

What a gorgeous scene! I love your foreground grasses - just enough detail to keep the eye engaged. Your trees are terrific in shape and coloring - and I love the very soft curve your path is taking. The orange Pastel mat here was an inspired choice!
Thank you Terri.

I am stopping! Only minor changes made.
Sky, some tree branches and balancing grass. Hope my son likes it, it's based on a walk we did together.
IMG_4200.jpg

Back