View to the West from Madras Boat Club

Balaji

Last Sunday, at Urban Sketchers Chennai's sketching event (Sketchmeet 47) I made this pen and ink sketch on location. It is a view to the West from the lawn outside the restaurant block of the club. The sketch is 8.5" x 7", and I have used a variety of pens: Micron 005, Geo College Pigment Liner 01, a Korean Calligraphy 3mm pen, and a Classmate Octane gel pen.

By the way, Chennai was known as Madras during the colonial period and for around 50 years after India got its independence. The name was changed to Chennai in 1996.

View to the West from MBC.jpg

Wonderful scale from the figures and variety of marks. Exceptionally well composed. The different pens are adding to the effects with the different widths. History lesson very interesting!

This is an exceptional on site drawing. You must be pleased with it. Your scale and perspective is really good. It’s an interesting drawing to view.

Joy, Sanlynn...Thank you.

Yes, I am quite pleased with this sketch. When I started the sketch my hand was so unsteady that I thought that I would not be able to sketch at all that day. But, I kept at it and was able to produce this. I am also coming to terms with this squiggly style of sketching and just trying to get better at it.

My, what an accomplishment! To think you thought you might not be able to do it and ended up with this stunning, frame worthy piece. Please continue to draw and show us your results; it is very inspiring and skilled.

My, what an accomplishment! To think you thought you might not be able to do it and ended up with this stunning, frame worthy piece. Please continue to draw and show us your results; it is very inspiring and skilled.
:giggle:🙏

Back