Urban Canyon

Balaji

This is an approximately 6" x 5" pen and ink sketch using a black ink gel pen.

From early May, through June, and during early July this year I attempted, through frequent sketching, to cure or at least better manage "the shakes" that I had developed over the last few years. The results were promising. But early in July I went back to work and found that I was once again sketching very infrequently and as a result, my hand was once again becoming quite unsteady.

I have therefore now decided not to worry too much about the subject material, or the quality of the finished sketch, but merely to ensure that I continue to sketch a lot, and that I sketch very regularly.

The inspiration for this sketch was a screensaver that Windows 10 threw up. And as you can see, this is a quick and rough sketch.

Urban Canyon.jpg

Hey, that's very sketchy! I'm smiling. Your sketch captures the essence very well. Keep on making marks!! I am always happy to see your work.

I would be so happy to be able to do that - quick and rough or not! I never see any evidence of any hand problem in your work, Balaji, but I hope it can somehow be helped.

Donna, Joy...Thank you.
Donna...it is said that we are often our own worst critics. Therefore perhaps I am making too much of my squiggly lines. But trust me, I have to work very hard to minimise the effects of my shaking hand.

Balaji, your work is delightful to see, even if you don't feel it's up to the level you like to work.

If sketching helps your hand, keep doing it and don't worry about whether it's perfect or not.

Thank you Anne. :) 🙏
You are right. It gives me great pleasure to sketch and paint. I should just enjoy that and keep doing it.

Balaji, I’m so sorry to hear about your hand. It must be so frustrating for you but I’m glad you preserved. I really like this wonderful cityscape, the perspective is really good.

Back