Two winter landscapes.

E.J.H.

I painted some winter mountains.

The first, which I put in a cheapo frame (very much not how to do it ; no framing mat...) is on a peninsula I drive by a weekly commute.

The second is the view from our farm, the other side of the fjord. Both were mainly done from photo's I took with my phone, for the second one I went and looked at it live from tbe window (demi plein air:ROFLMAO:)

Fabrianio Artistico paper (100% cotton)
A very restricted palette, prussian blue burned sienna and yellow ochre ,(my iron
palette;).)

20230204_160545.jpg
20230204_160230.jpg

I like the second one better. Not so sure about that first one, might bin it and try again. A photo at a different time of the day so there is better lighting. This came out too flat I think.

Last edited:
Even if it might not be what you intended, I like the first one because that "flatness" emphasizes the "graphic design" of the 4 parts. Also I like the sky, the color of the water, and the harmony between them in the 1st one.

Thanks voor your lovely comments CaliAnn and Nedl, much appreciated!

I love both! I really like the style of how you painted them, and I suppose the second one features the style more in comparison. However, I think they both can stand on their own. I really love them. VERY well done! ❤️

Both are winners in my book and anyone who can do an impressive winter landscape like this deserves a pat on the back. Colors are so clean and dynamic and the subject matter is excellent.

I agree, I like both. I like the rich dark colors in the first. The second is serene and lovely. No bin needed.

I like them both as well. I quite like the straight lines in the first one and really like the foreground. I really like the light on the snow in the second one.

I love this almost minimal style :)
Your restricted palette is very interesting. I guess the paper is white, and the light red tone comes from the photo camera and lighting.

Back