Two For One

Enyaw

namuh
Dark Water.jpg

Blue Sky.jpg

Dark Water .... Blue Sky
Both are 11 x14 Inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Dec 16/23
... as long as there is one

Both are very nice. The knife lends itself well to rocks. Those rocks are great. ❤️

You are doing such wonderful work, Wayne. The rocks do rock - as does that gorgeous sky above them. The color contrast of the last of the leaves against the deep blue water is so worthy of being painted. What a gift it must have been to stand there in person!

Thank you Donna. Yes, it’s a little side road my wife and I use on our circular drive while we have a coffee and a chat. The traffic is next to none so I can pull over and mull over the scene to see which approach I might find interesting to paint.

I did a large format of 30 x 40 inches for our bedroom. I’ve had the panel a few years just never got around to doing the piece. We already have a piece framed in the bedroom so this one will replace it. When it is dry, another week or so, I will take a picture and post it. I use the dark water as an entry so hopefully it came out right and will be beautiful. I don’t want to look at it till it is dry. It’s a completely different than this view.

Wow! Both are beautiful, but I am extra smitten with the top painting. Just love the touch of warm color on the foliage reaching out over the amazing blue of the water. And the shadows in the snow... Fabulous! 👏

These are both gorgeous. The dried leaves bring a nice warmth to the scene. The sky and rocks are great on the other. Mmmm good.

Back