three paintings

Katie

A funny thing happened this week. I got an email from a chap in the Middle East (I used to live there) asking if he could send me photos of artwork left to him by an old friend so that he could confirm that they were my paintings. This happened late in the evening, and so I was left to ponder overnight on the possibility of someone being enamored with my work and wanting more. :giggle: The next day I received them via email and excitedly tried to open them - but it wouldn't work!! So I emailed him back, and he sent me his Whatsup number to message him. Finally, the photos came through, and I could see at once that they were mine, all three of them. I asked him, 'how can I help you'?

Imagine how I felt when he asked me to look closely at the second painting down because he wondered if it was hanging in the correct orientation. o_O I thought he was having a laugh :ROFLMAO: and was about to tell me he wanted two more shipped over, but nope! He was serious.

geez. Possible replies

- That painting is one of a two-part set that must be hung together to be viewed properly"
- No! That position is not authorized. You must first purchase a re-orientation license to display in that fashion.

What an unpleasant question to handle!

You could console yourself by saying that getting 2 out of 3 is pretty good in baseball.

Put the ball back in his court by saying, "Yes, that is the correct orientation" and see what happens.
Resist the temptation to send him a paper red arrow to affix to the painting to show which way is up.

He sounds like an oddball, so maybe its best ignored.

Carry on.

I once received a similar email and had no issue with telling the buyer which way was up. However, I told him to consult the hanging wire on the back of the frame! :ROFLMAO:

I once received a similar email and had no issue with telling the buyer which way was up. However, I told him to consult the hanging wire on the back of the frame! :ROFLMAO:
Of course I did tell him which was the correct orientation. :LOL:

I'd have been tempted to tell him it should be hung sideways ha
I had a friend that worked at the American Embassy. I knew that she entertained a lot, and so I let her have a couple of my paintings to hang at home in the hope that it might generate sales. One of the paintings was a wonderful cityscape. However, I received a request from someone that wanted to buy it, and so I had to pick it up from her apartment. She was at work at the time, and so her maid let me in. When I saw the painting hanging on the wall I was genuinely horrified to see that she had hung it sideways. It looked like crap, it couldn't even pass for an abstract. I think she must have been high when she hung it.

I guess if people want to hang it sideways, they can, but I would be horrified too. Did you say something??? Like..."Are you high?" Ha ha ha!

Back